Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Where to store

Put my new 200p together yesterday and better half decided it couldn't go in the shed as I'd have to carry it up and down a few steps. So I probably have to build a new one, it's in the corner of conservatory at the moment. Any suggestions on what type of shed it can go in - I can't make a block or brick one - and should I line the walls or cover the scope with something? Thanks!

Garth:confused2:

to be honest the shed isnt the place to store a scope,theres the risk of condensation on the mirrors if its not properly covered.they dont take that much room up when stored vertically mine is kept in the house at all times unless being used.

If your shed is next to the house (i.e. lean to) then you should be ok as some residual heat will come through the walls and keep condensation at bay.

I have also insulated the inside of my lean to shed with 50mm heavy duty foam insulation to try and stabalise temperatures.

With a stand alone type you should consider a power supply and a tube type heater in winter.

Have you considered how you will prevent insects (if stored in a shed) from getting into the tube from the primary mirror end, search SGL for some solutions to this.

Have you considered how you will prevent insects (if stored in a shed) from getting into the tube from the primary mirror end, search SGL for some solutions to this.

Hadn't thought of insects or in fact condensation, still elated at having received early birthday/retirement gift. I think I've read on another thread that someone covered one end of the tube with a shower cap to prevent dust. It may have to go in hallway for the moment.

Thanks everyone!

Archived