Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mild weather into March...

patomlin76

And at this time of year this usually means cloud cover and lots of it...

Having looked at the weather forecast I might as well forget about any observing till at least the weekend. How annoying.

Just venting my frustration! I'm wondering when the next decent spell of prolonged clear skies will come, there's only so much reading and theorizing you can do!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not so sure you'll be waiting till the weekend, a few of the better forecasting sites suggest clear skies on Thursday night, although 7Timer suggests the seeing won't be up to much - either way, clear skies are clear skies, i'm dusting off my scope!

Sorry to hear that. The current warm weather in SE France is astonishing. We can have snow at this tiime of year but it is warm and sunny now and clear at night. Last night was the seventeenth consecutive clear one and the next three are given clear as well. It's killing me!!!

Olly

Having looked at xcweather, tonight may be worth a shot, only 21% cloud, but it depends how that cloud is distributed across the sky. Certainly looking better for a night around the 5th March, but very heavy cloud inbetween.

Thanks for these links, it's useful to be able to plan a bit...

Yes it has been disheartening, just as I am getting right back into the hobby. When I first had my Meade etx 70 a few years ago, I remember enjoying it but not really knowing where to look. I also remember weeks of freezing nights when it was clear but couldn't be bothered going out! How I'd like those nights now!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that. The current warm weather in SE France is astonishing. We can have snow at this tiime of year but it is warm and sunny now and clear at night. Last night was the seventeenth consecutive clear one and the next three are given clear as well. It's killing me!!!

Olly

Olly, that sounds terrible, how do you manage to hold it togehter :).

I can not even imagine what it would be like to know I would be able to get out a couple of times a week..:p

Cloudy (again) in S Wales at the moment - got quite a bit of kit on backorder from FLO at the moment so hopefully will arrive at the same time as a break in the gloom

One other thing to note- I'm a member of a weather related forum and have been for years - things change very quickly. Britain is one of the most difficult places to forecast for accurately - long, narrow and surrounded by water. Any forecast more than say 4 days out is out is subject to change at a moments notice so don't get too disheartened or hung up on long range forecasts.

Having looked at xcweather, tonight may be worth a shot, only 21% cloud, but it depends how that cloud is distributed across the sky. Certainly looking better for a night around the 5th March, but very heavy cloud inbetween.

Thanks for these links, it's useful to be able to plan a bit...

Cloud will be evenly distributed 21% over my house 79% clear everywhere else. Lol. I've not had a good nights viewing for a month. We had one clear night in the middle of Feb but alas my back was playing up, so I missed that one.

Archived