Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Looking good for tonight

mike.brightmore

Venus at almost half phase. Jupiter flanked by Io and Gannymede with Callisto just above the North Pole and Europa hidden behind the disk and a lovely thin crescent moon - all in a nearly straight line. Still 9 degrees C outside, low relative humidity and a clear sky with a bit of a breeze to keep the dew at bay. Here's hoping.

Thanks for that. Your post made me look out of the window so quickly set up a scope on an alt-az mount and enjoyed the views of the Moon, Venus and Jupiter. A quick look at M42 and then cloud. It hadn't occured to me to look out as I'm going to be busy most of the evening. Still very enjoyable.

Dave

My view to west is pretty restricted, so missed getting set up in time to still get Venus but managed a good view of Jupiter so far - not too much detail - tube needs to cool some more really, but dinner calls!

Hopefully it'll stay clear here for a good Mars later :D.

Clear skies all!

Managed an evening with the local club. However after a reasonable start the clouds rolled in. It was great to show newies Orion,Jupiter, Mars and Venus.

My mate went very quiet with an 8" Dob, he managed to track the ISS and saw some details, including main shape, narrow to wide bit and the panels arangement.Nice.

Archived