NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New Astronomy Observing Chair

FLO

This comfortable well-made chair is designed and manufactured by Mey Chair Systems in Germany. Originally intended for musicians on stage it has an upholstered seat with fully adjustable height, tilt and angle so is perfect for astronomy.

First delivery is scheduled for late-Feb.

We have a heck of a lot of fun finding these products :D

Mey Observing Chair

mey_observing_chair_front.jpg

Some very good write ups of this chair....

I made a Denver chair but it weighs a ton (not far off at any rate) and so is unwieldy to transport; OK in an obs perhaps but no fun carrying round. I might have to buy one of these. Can have all the expensive scopes/EP's etc in the world but its no fun using it if you aren't comfortable.

Steve

Skills there's a review of it here written by CanesVenatici, which seems to say that is possible

http://stargazerslounge.com/astro-lounge/159674-observing-chairs-another-option.html

It has replaced the skywatcher chair on my wish list.

I've noticed on the FLO website I can add it to my basket but there's also a notify me when available, does this mean you are accepting pre orders?

Tyr

Yes, you are welcome to place an order, it will then be dispatched as soon as they arrive.

Alternatively you can click on the "notify me when available" button, our website will then automatically send you an email when the chairs arrive.

HTH :D

Yes, you are welcome to place an order, it will then be dispatched as soon as they arrive.

Alternatively you can click on the "notify me when available" button, our website will then automatically send you an email when the chairs arrive.

HTH :D

Great thank you :)

"Seat height adjustable from 61-86 cm." according to the blurb

That doesn't seem enough, I think I read that a greater range was possible if you remove a couple of restricting bolts: is that the case?

Thanks

Adrian

I'd be interested to know this too as it's not enough adjustment for me.

Hi there, good to see that FLO is always on the look-out for new lines. :(

I can confirm that the true adjustment on these seats is 39-89 cm, once you have unscrewed the two small plastic stops, one on each leg.

I would recommend lightly dressing the holes where the screws hold the stops in place with a small round file to remove any burrs as the sliders are a tight sliding fit on the legs.

Oh, and the chair is marked as having a maximum working load of 110kg.

I'm still impressed with mine. :D

Hi there, good to see that FLO is always on the look-out for new lines. :(

I can confirm that the true adjustment on these seats is 39-89 cm, once you have unscrewed the two small plastic stops, one on each leg.

I would recommend lightly dressing the holes where the screws hold the stops in place with a small round file to remove any burrs as the sliders are a tight sliding fit on the legs.

Oh, and the chair is marked as having a maximum working load of 110kg.

I'm still impressed with mine. :D

great stuff - thanks!

I like the wide single foot of this chair (less sinking in grass) and the backward projection of the foot (less getting in the way).

Archived