Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

canon 300d filter removal

Casperovic

Hi all yesterday i did filter removal modification on my canon 300d following Gary honis tutorial , basically what im gettin now its just a blank picture . pure white ! Display works fine showing everything like it was before , all other settings work as well , i did reconnect all the ribbon cables again about a hour ago and that didn't help , does anybody have similar problem ? or maybe you have any ideas how to fix it ?

A pure white image on the preview implies massive overexposure. When you're viewing the white image, can you press the display button ? I'm hoping it'll bring up the histogram display... not sure on the 300d, see if you have a very thin spike hard up against the right hand end.

When I did mine I found the hardest cable to re-attach was from the backplate (the one with the lcd screen on) to the main body and it was one of these that wasn't seated correctly.

Sorry can't remember how many ribbon cables go from the back plate to the main body.

Hi guys I've checked the histogram and there is hard spike right at the end , so i guess it's taking overexposure pictures ? I'll reconnect all the ribbon cables today like you said guys , thank you all for respond :p I'll let you know if that helps.

Sounds like it, but you should just be able to dial down the exposure... what settings did you use ?? Put a lens on it, set the ISO to 100, the Aperture to f/8, and perhaps 1/125s... check the meter (along the bottom of the viewfinder)... you want the needle about the middle and try that.

I've checked all the cables and reconnect them again and still ...images are white , i have tried on lots different setting . even using fastest shutter setting didn't help , i spot difference between the shots taking with different white balance settings, that hard spike on histrogram is moving ! Sometimes its right the end of histrogram or right before it .maybe sensor is damaged , if anything else works :-(

I guess you could see if the shutter is stuck open by carefully lifting the mirror with your finger. If you can see the sensor then the shutter is open. You would normally see the black shutter curtain.

If it is stuck it could be a fragment of glue you removed from the filter surround.

Shutter it's closed , its opening only when i taking pictures , but if that will be a Shutter pictures should be black or half black i guess . i start losing my hope ... well next time I'll definitely give my camera to the right hands, thank you for all your help

I think I would suggest taking the camera apart again and see if you can check that moving parts are free. I would also be inclined to get a vacuum cleaner with a small nozzle and give it a good suck out in case it's a bit of debris. Then carefully put it back together making sure all connectors are properly seated and also free from any contamination that could cause a poor contact.

That's all I can think of ATM other than sending it to a camera repairer. I guess the latter would cost more than the camera is worth though.

Archived