Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pitfalls of living under the flight path of a major airport

malc-c

Seems the time that the world and his wife are returning from their holidays...

Just started to get some more data on M81.... taking 300s subs and two planes in a row went through taking out subsequent subs :(

Looks like we're under attack from some mother ship firing its lasers :)

This got me thinking, lets see all your images that have been rejected due to birds, planes, helicopters or whatever spoiling them

post-23388-133877734346_thumb.jpg

post-23388-133877734351_thumb.jpg

You have my sympathies Malc, I live a few miles from Mildenhall airforce base and know how you feel.

This one was from a mare of a night a couple of weeks back and I managed to capture a Transport plane and a satellite in the same sub.:)

Cheers John

post-24829-133877734355_thumb.jpg

Hopefully two or three more years in London and we'll be able to move out. Somewhere dark (ie anywhere) and near good climbing.

My home astronomy is all based around planets and double stars. Last year at SGL6 I saw these weird things called galaxies!

Andrew

It's getting there :p - another 20 subs or so to go before I have to turn in so I can get up for work tomorrow.... :mad:
I feel your pain - I'm midway between Gatwick and Heathrow but not directly under either flightpath - as my skies are bright orange - new full cut-off street-lights away from main road make no difference :(

I resort to fast optics [12" f/3.7] and brief exposures [1m subs] for my deepsky stuff with moderate success getting down to mag 17/18 fairly easily - last night got tiny and faint Hickson 50 gxy cluster @ 2BLY range but whatever turns you on :)

post-33671-133877734818_thumb.jpg

post-33671-133877734822_thumb.jpg

Archived