Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

the sun to day

astropete

That is a good, well focussed shot - well done. The exposure seems to be about right - its hard to tell on a monitor! If anything a bit over exposed? You can see some surface detail around the edge of the disc but not in the middle. But I must admit I'm being really picky! Hope that's OK?

Now, that zoom shot is exellent! (Even allowing for the clouds!) - missed it with the two posts at first.

hi bizbuilder, i welcome any advice that will allow me to take better pictures. i do thank you for your comments, usually i take pics of the moon, so my cameras focal point is pre set to full body focus, if i set the focus to center point that may work better.

thank you

peter.

hi fluke, so sorry for the delay.

my scope is the one i have as my avi pic (top left of this post). the filter is a mylar film inside a "cell" that fits over the front lens of the scope and is secured by thumbscrews. the seller was GREEN WITCH, sorry i cannot give a link, the cost was around £60 so be carefull when you buy, make sure you have the right scope dimentions as there are a lot to choose from. when you google green witch, type in kendrick solar filters that should bring up a page with 2 options choose the solar filter option, that then should bring you to the filters, and as said there are a lot to choose from so make sure you have your scopes outer dimentions handy when buying.

peter.

hi merlin66

my 8" scope has two off axis pre-formed cutouts with dust caps fitted on the main dustcap, which i have fitted baader solar film, as yet its un-used due to the time it takes to set up the scope, but one day hopefully the sun will remain out long enough.

Archived