NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Opticron

BinocularSky

I wanted to upgrade my old Vixen NA120 to a 2" focuser. After a very helpful email conversation with the proprietor, Pete Gamby, he offered to send me a 50.8mm set-screw adaptor to try out, and offered to help find an alternative solution if the adaptor he sent was unsuitable. A couple of days later, the adaptor arrived and fitted perfectly.

When I asked how much I owed, he refused payment, on the grounds that these adaptors came from telescopes that had been upgraded to a compression fitting.

A public "Thank you!" is in order, I think.

• 3 years later...

A screw and bolt fell out of my Vixen Porta Mount on Sunday; (the tripod part where the plastic arms meet in the centre). 

I rang Opticron to find the size of the bolt and spoke with Pete Gamby.

A jiffy bag arrived today with the correct screw and bolt, so I'm sorted again.

Great service from the Vixen importer. Thank you.

• 5 months later...

In the past month I've had email exchanges with Pete Gamby of Vixen/Opticron, asking for advice about various Vixen products.

Each time Pete has provided fast, informative replies which have led me to be able to order the right items for my needs.

I've also had dealings, during that time, on the phone to Opticron's UK office, and again, they have at all times done what they said they would, when they said they would.

A big thank you Pete and team for the great service and product knowledge. I just thought your excellent customer service should be publicly recognised.

Many thanks indeed!

Dave

what a great company!  retuend my 7ish year old binos because focusser wheel wouldn't  turn any more.  Opticron fixed free of charge and returned (postage paid) within 2 business days.  wow!

and they cleaned them for me!

yay

guess what?  I just bought another pair of opticron bins :icon_biggrin:

Archived