NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Panstarrs will be very near Andromeda Damian, but be pleased to point you in right direction. I want to try to capture a scope pic myself not just a camera pic anyway so that will be on the list. It will def be after 8 for me though as I have to put kids to bed that is my conditions for getting a pass out :tongue:

i managed a great hour and a half in the garden,have posted a viewing report in the relevant section.

8 is quite early but i always prefer to get set up before dark if possible then we dont turn upo in the dark and blind each other with car lights ;)

had a good night tonight - M3, M53, M101, M51, Leo triplet, great view of jupiter and GRS, M36, M37 and M38, M44, Mizar and Alcor, M13.

was thinking about staying up a bit later for saturn - but I think I;ll pack it in now and wait till later in the month - bit worried I'll not get a clear night again

Hi guys,

Not been around for ages - been away for work, etc. but might be on for tomorrow (actually today now!) if it's clear. What's the postcode for where you meet in Winscar? Hope I can join you and actually see some sky for a change...!

Which carpark ats winscar is everyone going to ? There is a smaller carpark, which I went to last time, before the sailing carpark. If I remember correctly there were gates right by the smaller carpark stopping access to the saling club carpark.....is this still the case ?

Cheers.

Which carpark ats winscar is everyone going to ? There is a smaller carpark, which I went to last time, before the sailing carpark. If I remember correctly there were gates right by the smaller carpark stopping access to the saling club carpark.....is this still the case ?

Cheers.

Its the small car park before the gate to the left. I've put the lat and long on the pic (if I've managed to attach it right) which will aid finding it on google maps and setup in synscan the green arrow.

Looking good a little bit of a breeze compared to last night though.

Right click on photo and open in new window should make it bigger?

post-28847-0-48638600-1364994111_thumb.j

Hopefully see you all up there,

Damian

"had a good night tonight - M3, M53, M101, M51, Leo triplet, great view of jupiter and GRS, M36, M37 and M38, M44, Mizar and Alcor, M13".

Same here. Currently at clumber park with my little 70mm f5 frac and managed more messier than I've ever managed in my back garden with the 130mm newt!

M37 was real tough, but the other 2 were easy. Also found plenty in Cassiopeia and m44 etc. I think....maybe....I caught a glimpse of m1 with averted but I ain't to sure.

Was great and I only came in when frost started to form on my scope and hat!

Archived