NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to whitby with my girls yesterday and came home around 8,Was clear and very dark up there could see loads with the naked eye wishing I'd got the scope with me! Got the scope out when I got home until midnight when the clouds came in! Managed to see M92, M94 and M13 although seeing was difficult in my light polluted skies!

definately darker and less chance of stray light too.its a good 45 mins further for me though due to the winding roads but its worth it for the quality of the seeing.im pretty much settled on haltwistle on friday night as it forcast clear 8pm-6am and its supposed to be nearly mag 22 skies up there which is very very dark!!

I'm on days Thursday so start at 6 but really after some dark skies so looks like I'm gonna have to get out early and be tired!, sat days too but gonna make the most of it if its gonna be that clear.

Im up for a night out somewhere....I really need to learn how to use this kit! Anyone want to go out to a dark site this week ?

I'm definitely up for it just need the weather to play ball

Archived