NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Very Battered looking HEQ5

Earl

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It ended at £127. I want to know which brave soul bought it.

I find it hard to believe someone would have paid that much for it understanding the condition it is in or for donating parts to some other project.

James

I find it hard to believe someone would have paid that much for it understanding the condition it is in or for donating parts to some other project.

James

Some people like DIY projects. Personally If I had the skills to repair the mount and get it in a functional shape for Maybe another £100 then I'd be pretty chuffed. Plus there probably wouldn't be a force on earth that would make me part with it.

It's a bit like brewing beer. Some people do it to make beer cheaply, other's like to do it to make beers that are complicated or expensive or just down right nuts. I like to make beer for some of the reasons but I LOVE building the gear. Nothing quite like building something with mine own two hands and then putting it to work and seeing it function perfectly is great.

I suspect someone could get a lot of fun out of that mount :icon_scratch:

James

You would be surprised what price astro kit goes for on eBay.

Last week there was a second hand 200mm flextube dob which went for a little over the retail price...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived