Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

two spc900

starstuck

hi....can i use 2 spc900 simultaneously?, 1 guiding and 1 imaging using same laptop?...trying to figure out what i can and cant do with my 2 spc900 (1 is lx modded)...so as i see it , i cant use them simultaneously, hence cannot guide and image at the same time with the same model even with different firmware, so do i need a different brand webcam as imager or guider or will this give similar conflicts. I thought it would be quite common for a webcam to be used as a guidecam and a webcam used for imaging, is it not as simple as this. I am completeley new to the webcam/ccd side of things, sorry if my questions seem so pedantic, just trying to nail down a few basics.... paul:icon_confused:

K3CCDtools can operate two SPC900s simultaneously. I've only ever tried this for conventional image capture for imaging Jupiter. A colour camera for capturing colour data, then a mono camera (which uses the same driver and is recognised by the same description) for capturing luminance data immediately afterwards.

K3's Astronomy Home Page

I did try it, just to see, blue screened my laptop... wont be doing that again. apparently i could reflash 1 of them to an 880 and it would work.....sometimes, but not at the same time, also an alternative spc900 driver exists that would work and shows up as spc900 camera 2 but i havnt got my head round flashing yet so still a work in progress. paul

Hmmm

Don't know about the webcams, but I found I could use two similar cameras (ie same drivers) under AA5 by renaming the .dll files and changing the register.

I have details of what I did available, drop me an email if you think it may help.

I had the BSOD too. As I have two laptops I didn't bother trying too hard.

I think you just slashed me with occams razor, a simple solution, i have a netbook running linux, bought it for the kids but they dont use it...mmm.....interesting... time for more research!....

Hmmm

Don't know about the webcams, but I found I could use two similar cameras (ie same drivers) under AA5 by renaming the .dll files and changing the register.

I have details of what I did available, drop me an email if you think it may help.

thanks merlin, i shall try and factor in that information.

I think you just slashed me with occams razor, a simple solution, i have a netbook running linux, bought it for the kids but they dont use it...mmm.....interesting... time for more research!....

I used one to guide and one to image, the imaging one I controlled with tinyvnc from the guiding one.

Archived