Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Toy box......

stan26

Since taking up guiding, it has occurred to me that I need something that I can keep all my bits an bobs in. I did have everything in various plastic tubs dotted round the place, which made for a very disorganised start to every imaging session. So what I needed was somewhere to keep all the "loose" bits, and also the telescope so I could literally lift the whole lot up and take it out to the pier in one go.

After a quick rummage I found some bits of ply and a few hinges. I grabbed the saw/hammer/drill driver/measure stick/pencil and started making some noise in the garage.

This is what I knocked up. It won't win any master craftsman awards, however it will serve its purpose as a fully functional astro toy box, complete with accessory tray and carry handles.

Stan :D

post-23582-133877728303_thumb.jpg

post-23582-133877728313_thumb.jpg

post-23582-133877728321_thumb.jpg

post-23582-133877728329_thumb.jpg

This is what I knocked up. It won't win any master craftsman awards, however it will serve its purpose as a fully functional astro toy box, complete with accessory tray and carry handles.

I think that's excellent.

I've been putting most of my bits and pieces in a plastic toolbox, but I'm starting to run out of room now. This sort of arrangement where you have separate compartments for different (groups of) items seems like a fine plan.

James

Archived