Mav359

Thats what i mean.

:D

Thought so but was just checking.

Number of alternatives....

GEL battery

Lead acid leisure battery

Alarm batteries

I have seen some 35Ah Alarm/fire batteries at £28 which would give 4x the power of most 12v starter boxes.

Yeah but how do you charge them after use? ive seen plenty with sockets attached but never any chargers

This http://www.amazon.co.uk/OptiMate-4-Battery-charger-conditioner/dp/B000R5936U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328387440&sr=8-1

And this http://www.maplin.co.uk/heavy-duty-5-in-1-jump-starter-224871

Make a good team, 17ah, 2x 12v dc sockets, 200w 3pin plug power inverter, work light, jump starter and compressor and the charger to charge it up, the charger connects to the jump start leads as they are directly connected to the battery and it will avoid overcharging it too and will keep it in tip top condition. You could also buy another 17ah or higher leisure/alarm battery and a charger cable and simply plug it in to the charge socket on the 5-1.

That would be a good bet, especially as you could power a laptop etc using the inverter.

Regards.

To charge them you can put a charging socket (often supplied with the charger) across the terminals ie fixed to the terminals. To charge you just plug the charger in, after switching it on and, in the case of the one I have, setting it to "car" for 12v. I just have my attached socket hanging out of the battery box. When not in use mine has a plastic cap to keep it safe and tidy.

In the pic (Just an example!) it's the "red and black" sockets - just cut off the croc clips and replace with tags to bolt to the terminals. The charger has the "opposite" red and black already attached.

post-17157-133877728777_thumb.jpg

Archived