NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I'm back, but suffering S*** law

trudie

Well having not got the scope out for over 6 weeks, as I've been too busy cuddling the new babe, last night after an evening of babysitting I came home to a very clear sky. It was pretty late but Jupiter was irresistible so I set up to image, which was no mean feat as I think the memory is playing up and I couldn't remember settings etc: It took me about 2 hours, then just as I was ready to press capture on the lappy a huge bank of cloud covered the sky. Oh the frustration of this hobby !!!!! Definitely what you call S*** LAW.

All the best

Trudie

Trudie, I feel embarrassed to ask, Cos. I don't remember reading a post about the child.

Was it your baby,? was it a boy or girl,? and in either case, many congratulations, and a warm welcome back.

And whatever the weather, you have sunshine now for sure.

Ron. :)

God forbid Ron, I,m past that, no it was a grandson, named Aidan, he's 6 weeks old now. I was so dissapointed as I could see 4 moons as well, still another time I guess

Trudie

Whoops!. That will teach me to pay more attention. Still, I think the little chap is going to be spoiled by his Grandma.

Jupiter can wait a while Trudie, the big fellow need to get a bit higher in our skies anyway.

Best wishes to the family.

Ron. :)

I know how you felt Trudie. Some happens to me very often :) Couple of days I went to Dartmoor t :lol:o take picture of Jupiter. Metoffice forcasted clear sky for 00:00 till 02:00. When I got there it was completely cloudy but I still could see Jupiter behind clouds. I set everything up just like you did, started my laptop with Vista and waited. I closed the lid on my laptop just to save some power. Suddenly Jupiter appeared so I opened the lid but Vista failed to start and by the time I was restarting computer Jupiter was obstructed by clouds. :) I was not very happy either but I kept waiting for another hour and managed to take one just before my battery discharged :o

Martin :D

Good to see you back Trudie :) Congrats on your new Grandson.

I can't believe this weather. Have worked 13 (very long) days on the trot and was hoping to do some relaxing stargazing this weekend.

No Chance :)

Cheers

Bill£ :o

Archived