Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

AAAARRRRRRGHH! NOOOOOOOO!

Tim

I have a new bit of kit arriving today hopefully (Atik 428ex) and the forecast is for clear all night.......

But I've been having problems with the old XP machine that runs my observatory equipment and cameras, looks like the HDD are on their way out.

So I have been using my laptop to run things.

But I have just been into the obsy to check last nights results and the laptop is dead :) , the PSU has gone west.

Murphy's law? :)

Hopefully the camera will live up to its billing. Sensitive Sony chip and 2.8mp, it's waiting at home for when I get back from work.

Might have to 'acquire' the wifes laptop I think :)

I have a new bit of kit arriving today hopefully (Atik 428ex) and the forecast is for clear all night.......

Hope you get up and running! Really interested in the results off the 428Ex. I have one on the way to me. Shipped this afternoon...

bwa

Hi ya Tim,

I had exactly the same problem with my old laptop one evening, it was clear so I went out all excited as you do, only to find that the laptop battery was dead, I tried for ages to coax it back to life but it wasn't having any of it, so I gave up and went in doors, 40 mins later I tried it just out of curiosity and would you believe it, it worked,Typical.

Unfortunately this happened several times, so I think it's on it's way out.

I've since sold my imaging set up so at least I won't have that problem again. :D

I keep my astro laptops on petwarmer trays if it's very cold. They use only a small amount of current. (This is when they are left in the obsy by day.)

I really want to run on desktop machines out there. Nice big screens to keep an eye on everything at the same time, cheaper and longer lasting. Laptops are a bit of a pain, I reckon.

Olly

Archived