Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Reasonably priced torch - "NOT"

wackyscot

Modern flashlights are now very well engineered products. I am a bit of a 'flashaholic' myself and use them for night hikes and getting down off the hills at the end of the day in winter. The good ones are precision machined aluminium, well anodized and can be programmed for a selection of modes, each mode being a 'regulated output'. This means that the brightness stays constant for the life of the batteries.

I agree with you, I wouldn't pay that much, but have been known to spend £150 on one. Which, incidently, is able to light up an object at 300 metres (!) and is handy to have when out observing in the countryside and a nearby twig goes snap!

Take a look at these - mods please remove this bit if you think this is advertising, I have no affiliation with this company other than the occassional purchase.

www.flashaholics.co.uk

I've got a small LED Lenser, which was about £25 I think, a lot for a small torch but the battery life is amazing for the brightness, and it produces a nice even floodlight that I use to shine on a t-shirt when taking flats on my C11!

I had noticed the top ones in the range were a tad over my budget!!

Archived