Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Prime Focus Problem

I finally have everything I need to attach my Sony A300 to my scope, it fits fine but now I can't achieve focus! My scope has a 2 inch focuser but my t-adapter is 1.25 inch so I attached it to the 2 inch adapter that came with the scope, then the t-ring and camera. I can focus on stuff on the ground but can't achieve focus in space. Any suggestions?

A Barlow is also going to make the scope slower which isn't what you want with prime focus camera work. It's ok for webcams not really for dslr cameras

If its your dob that your using a 2x Barlow would turn it into a f/16 effectively. You don't want that !!!

Is it inward travel you need more of if so you might want to look for a low profile t-ring and adapter as this will give you a bit more inward travel and might be what you need to get focus

What scope do you have?

The Skywatchers inch and a quarter adapter unscrews from the focusser and your camera T-ring screws directly onto that. This will moves the camera closer to the mirror so you can reach the focal point, if you have that type of focusser.

Dave

Archived