Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

first night out with my scope...

omeganeb

Im new to the hobby and have owned my meade etx 105 for a couple of weeks now but unfortunately have been plagued with poor weather conditions meaning no wiewing or whipping out the scope inbetween clouds breaking to get a peek at the moon or jupiter through an open kitching window which is less than ideal due to distortion.

Well a nice clear night tonight for me in huntingdon so i got home from work and set the scope outside to cool down whilst i swallowed my tea.

I started on something nice and easyy to find with setting up the goto feature...the moon.i must admit with it being my first propper look through the scope i was amazed at the detail i was given and the 32mm celestron ep complimented the view.i experimented with different ep's and filters and spent a couple of hours outside before the cold finally got to me.i know for some of you deep sky and neb guys out there the moon may not do it for you anymore but for me it was breath taking.

Just thought id share my first viewing expierience with you all.

Yep, high a crystal clear , spent 4 hours looking at the Moon with the Vixen. Best views were with a 9mm orthoscopic,12mm Vixen NLV with blue filter.Superb detail on the mountains .Also had a satellite whizz across the fov.

Showed the son, who said there was more than craters up there.Had a map of the Apollo landing sites to find , nice to see.

Hi, I have been spending some time on the moon too as a newbie - just came in after two hours on the moon alone - and blind almost in my left eye as a result.......!

Really like "whole moon" views personally with my Pan 35mm.

Will take a long time to learn the moon properly :) Hey, it ain't going anywhere.....

Steve

Archived