Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

QHY5 no cal

libraryman

Hi hope someone can offer me a clue as to why i am having an issue getting my QHY5 to calibrate, i can get the green square around a star but the calibrate icon just will not work for me.

i have had it working quite well before but not for several nights.

Could this be an issue with the camera or is it just that it's not talking to my mount I.E Cable issues.

Ray

Does it go through a lot of moves and fail, or does it not move at all?

If the former, and you have a lowfocal length scope, you may have to tell the mount to move a bit more in each step (I recall increasing something to 3500 in PHDs settings).

Hi All, to answer one at atime, it's not a hot pixel, i have good stars, slightly defocused, it is not even trying to calibrate all i get is star mass info, calibration button is dead, and yes ST4 from camera to paddle.

I'm beginning to suspect software and driver conflict, i'm going to do a reinstall of the drivers and use ascom 6, then see what gives.

Ray

Hi Merlin, i'm assuming that your refering to the mount type EQ5? i am using a CI700 it's an early G11 without goto.

i spent some time talking to Bern from Modern astronomy, together i think we brought the issue down to a bad install and i need to check this out.

as all probably know the install routine can be finicky if not followed correctly, though i have installed correctly before and used the guider quite sucssesfully.

i'm hoping this is simply the install and not a camera fault!!

Ta Ray

Hi all; unfortunatly i'm still struggling with getting my QHY5 to start the calibration routine.

can anyone suggest a reason why this might be?

reloaded the drivers and software, downloaded the new driver from QHYCCD web site.

drivers loaded o.k....camera seen in PHD.. good stars..no hot pixels...star mass showing bottom left of screen..mount used Ascom..Ascom loaded 5b with updates..ive tried ascom 6 but that did not help either.

good star select with green box but it will not strt the calibration routine?? Grrr..i wouldn'y mind if it failed the routine at least that would be down to settings or the like.

i'm trying to obtain another camera to test.

has anyone come across this in the past, am i missing somthing simple?

Please give us a clue.

Ray

Indeed. The connections at the top of the Lodestar are pretty naff and Telescope Service do a replacement plastic top which holds them properly. Frans Kroon had this mod on his when visiting recently. The fact that TS have had this made suggests that we are not alone in having had problems. I like the Lodestar but thought those mini cables would be trouble and I think they are.

Olly

Archived