Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Moonfish 30mm 80 deg ultrawide 2" eyepiece any good guys ?

chesty

am about to buy a 32mm sw panaview (if i can find one) but noticed this on abs (Moonfish 30mm 80 deg ultrawide 2" eyepiece) would it be a similar ep ? i am not sure if it would be after reading reviews as i have a sw 200p flextube auto which i think is f6 what do you think guys ? :icon_salut:

cheers robin i am sold on the panaview i just saw the moonfish and was thinking of saving a few quid but no panaview it is i just need to decide on the mid range ep just trying to get the best for the money i have. my choices

1) hyperion 13mm

2)bst explorer 8mm +18mm (think there may be probs with stock on these)

3)celestron Celestron X-Cel LX 7mm +18mm (could poss stretch the budget)

your thoughts would be good :icon_salut:

Hi Chesty, The Hyperions are a little risky in the 200P, you will be safer with an X-Cel LX on this focal length, a 12mm is the nearest. I have this covered with a very good Vixen LVW 13mm which I got half price from the supplier.

just been looking on flea bay and i could get 2 x-cel lx,s delivered (all be it from america ) for £100 maybe a 7+18 mm what do you think ?

ps just been reading your ep guide fantastic robin :icon_salut:

I have a 12mm celestron x-cel lx and to be honest I'm not much of a fan, I'm looking replace it with a similar size Hyperion. I have a 8mm and 24mm Hyperion, while the 24mm isn't perfect the 8mm is great.

With the x-cel lx, (I'm not sure about the correct terms to describe it) you have to have your eye in just the right spot to see. I find the eye position to be a real problem, it's a shame as I like the view you get, the eye relief and the design.

I have a SW200p eq5.

I do, however the x-cel lx's have got good reviews, it's a personal thing but I find the 8mm Hyperion more comfortable, with a wider field of view and easier to use. Also the 32mm panaview is great. Buying eps is a knightmare! Good luck!

You should take a look at the Orion Q70's. You can buy a set of 3(28,32 and 38mm) for $200 US dollars. I think that works out to about 130 £. Add 25% and you are still under your target cost. I dont know what the shipping would be but it should be under $30. I'm getting ready to buy a set based on good reviews. You can get them individually but the set is discounted a bit.

too late now makofski but thanks anyway i have finaly done it lol and ordered the sw 32mm panaview and the hyperion 13mm should have them by the end of the week, and i have next week off work so weather permitting will let you know what i think of them, thank you all so much for the advice guys :D

Archived