NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First Light with new WO FLT98

MickD

First Light with new WO FLT98.

Details are as follows:-

Both images are taken with an Atik 383L mono, baader filters, WO FLT98 scope with WO FR IV. (so about F5). Captured & pre-processed in Nebulosity & finished off in Photoshop

Elephant = Ha & OIII bi-colour image, approx 3hrs of 10min subs in each channel. With the OIII data included I really struggled to get the image colour I liked (always seemed to come out brown….) so ended up removing most of the OIII to get this pink version, still not that happy but have stopped meddling for now.

M45 = LRGB, approx 1.5 hrs lum & 1 hr (bin 2) RGB.

I’m still experimenting with the position & spacing of the WO FR, but the field flatness is still good.

The scope has the Feathertouch focuser fitted which is very nice, holds my heavy imaging gear no problem.

Overall impression of the scope, focuser, flattener is: - money well spent, it all works very well together and has made imaging much easier. For me “easier” means more controllable & predicable, I don’t have much time to indulge my astro hobby so in the time I do have I want everything to just work- this (so far) does.

Mick

post-18714-133877723208_thumb.jpg

post-18714-133877723213_thumb.jpg

Great first run on the scope Mick. Money well spent I think :icon_salut: Love the detail coming through on M45 with a relatively short set of exposures, though I would definitely get more RGB to get some star colour coming through.

The Hubble pallet can be a bit of a pain and the link that Ant has posted is a great starting point though sometimes I have to keep boosting some colours with the selective colour tool until It comes out something like.

Clear skies mate,

Matt.

Archived