Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron price increases due soon

FLO

£80 ish for the Xcel LX isnt too bad, they are great performers (at f5 in my own experience) much more than that, i think i would be um-ing and err-ing though.

should be an interesting few weeks as far as price hikes are concerned

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FLO

If Celesteron are bumping up their prices, will Skywatcher be following suit being the shared Synta manufacturer?

There was a but of a dramatic bump around this time last year and Celestron stayed put. Chances are against it but it still could happen.

Think it's a bit of a cheek to up their prices over here :)

As I type this USD is 1.57 to the 1 GBP.

Why then, do we have to pay the equivalent in GBP as we see advertised in US Astro mags?

IE $1599.99 = £1599.99 and not £1022.07 at the current exchange rate.

I appreciate import postage and tax but £577.92 postage and tax?????

Come-on guys get with it. No wonder people use more European suppliers as the Euro is even a saving!

There was a but of a dramatic bump around this time last year and Celestron stayed put. Chances are against it but it still could happen.

Most Celestron retail prices have increased but our bulk purchase opportunities have improved so we have been able to absorb most of the increases.

Skywatcher's New price list is due soon but they are being more tight-lipped than Celestron so we aren't sure what to expect.

HTH,

Steve

BTW that wasn't a bump at you FLO our any other telescope retailer, sorry if you thought it was.

It's about time we all stood up to the government and taxes. We all pay far to many and they are the ones grinding the retail industry into dust.

It's guts like FLO who do their best and still end up losing out.

Archived