SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Celestron price increases due soon

FLO

Celestron's prices are due to rise during the first half of February. We don't have precise details but we do know several products lines are affected and the rises will be in the region of 5-10%.

If you are planning to buy a Celestron telescope you might save money if you place your order sooner rather than later.

HTH :)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh dear that's not good news, and this at a time when most people are probably not feeling they have more to spend than before.

Sounds like a really good opportunity for a number of dealers to stock up, so as to maintain their competitive advantage for as long as possible too.

Oh dear that's not good news, and this at a time when most people are probably not feeling they have more to spend than before.

Sounds like a really good opportunity for a number of dealers to stock up, so as to maintain their competitive advantage for as long as possible too.

That's generally not how it works. What's likely to happen isthe ones that can spare the warehouse space will stock up at current prices and then sell at the new prices increasing the profit margin. I remember about a year ago FLO announced that Skywatcher prices would jump due to a very last minute increase and they were having to update the website for OVL/non-warehouse stock while all the vendors that tell you they have warehoused stock increaded everything instantly, including stock they'd had for months.

You've got to be careful window shopping on amazon, the more people look at some items the price goes up. There was a book that I linked to on my re-enactment society's forum that was £22 instead of £45 and because so many people clicked to have a look it was £36 within the hour.

Still, thanks for the info been toying with the idea of buying a replacement for my stock 10mm, this has prompted me to get sister for the 7mm Axiom LX. Not sure my wallet will thank you in the short term, but in the long run :)

glad a just got my X-CEL LX EPS ,brought 2 from rother valley optics went to the scop got a 7mm/18mm he gave me a 5 pound discount on the two eps great deal i plan on buy in two more of these they are great eps

shame they becoming popular as the price wil increase with every thing else bread petrol ect

FLO - did you receive my PM last Thursday?

Possibly not, I'll go see :D

The best way to contact us is via our helpdesk (email address below and top-right of our website). The helpdesk isn't perfect but it is 'much' more efficient than SGL's PM system which wasn't designed for the number of communications we as a retailer receive.

HTH

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived