NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Should I change my Hyperions?

Hairycamel

Hi All,

I have a set of Hyperions that I enjoyed immensly in my F10 SCT, but I have got rid of this a week or so ago.

I traded it for a 250PX Flextube dob which is much faster, and given some of the comments on here about astigmatism in fast scopes (mines F4.7) with the Hyperions I was thinking of changing.

I will be hopefully adding to my scope collection later in the year with a 100mm refractor so my ep's have to do both.

I was leaning towards a 32m Panaview, then some Celestron C-Cel LX's for the shorter numbers. Any opinions for reasonably priced EP

's that would do both? I'm not bothered about having a set of one make just the best that would do me at the various lengths.

Hi

If I was you I would be looking at Televue eypieces, Radians or Naglers

you have a very fast scope there 4.7 , the faster the scope the better

the eyepieces should be, you will only get a few from selling you set

but should give you the results you want, Radians are lighter in weight in a Dob

clear skies

Doug

Hello,

I sold all my hyperions a while back and brought 1 or two televues, the difference is very noticeable at f10 so at f4.7 it must be immense,

i doubt a panaview will give better views that the hyperions, i think you have to go less fov or premium to get better

Hello,

I sold all my hyperions a while back and brought 1 or two televues, the difference is very noticeable at f10 so at f4.7 it must be immense,

i doubt a panaview will give better views that the hyperions, i think you have to go less fov or premium to get better

I have both a couple of Panaviews and several Hyperions, there's not much in it but I'd suggest the Panaviews have the edge in my C11.

Dave

Archived