NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skywatcher Skyliner 200P Dobsonian

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great telescope I love mine even though my sky is extremely light polluted I can still get some great views from home. My avatar is take with it and a webcam.

How easy was it to get a shot of jupiter like that with a web cam on a dob? I am getting a t ring for my 40d canon slr and am looking at getting some basic photos just like yours on my 200p!

I'm SO excited for mine to arrive - Jimmyjam, when did you order yours out of interest? :)

I ordered mine friday afternoon, but missed "last orders" by a few minutes. The guys at FLO were kind enough to order it straight from the importer on monday morning and slapped a big "URGENT" on it :)

Ironically, i still haven't got the cheshire from FLO lol

Can't fault their service though, speedy, and kept me up to date the whole time.

That nice man from Fedex has just been...

I'm now staring at two LARGE boxes in the lounge...

I am 53 years of age, but I'm acting like a 5 year old....what's that all about...???:D

...oh, did I mention the boxes were LARGE...???:)

...and it looks like the sky is clearing.....!!:(

You will not be disappointed with your purchase. I've had mine for a few days now and although the sky hasn't been so kind I am astounded at what you can still see. Enjoy and hope you get many clear nights ahead. Well worth the money!

Yes it is a very good bit of kit! I have had mine now for several weeks and love it. I have upgraded my eye pieces to the BST ED range from skies unlimited and they are incredible. Enjoy constructing your new toy!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

What is the best way to store this scope? Is it ok to leave it pointed vertically on the base. I'm still debating between this and the Explorer 200p.

Sorry to highjack the thread but is it ok to keep it indoors and take it out when its dark?

I store mine in the shed under a home made cover (made from waterproof breathable fabric). It obviously keeps water and dust at bay just because my shed isn't the most watertight structure out there!

It is fine I think to store outside because set up does not require cooling down of the scope (if you take it outside from a nice warm house).

Hope this helps and happy viewing. :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Archived