Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

can 2 usb repeaters be connected together

amyscott

i am trying to connect my home pc to my telescope when it is outside and have 1 repeater booster cable but get no signal when attatched to normal usb extension leads so am wondering if anyone knows if you can connect 2 repeater booster cables together and keep a strong enough signal

many thanks

amy

x

Hi Amy,

I think it depends on how much current consumption the device(s) at the other end requires, and probably also the quality of the repeater cables.

For example a couple of years ago I tried running a Meade DSI1 camera (which requires quite a bit of juice by all accounts) using 2 repeater cables with no joy. It was OK with one repeater cable though.

Generally, yes. I have found I do get the occasional piece of equipment (namely my auto guider and the telescope mount) that don't always like to play nicely with the repeater. They both work on it, but not quite all the time. Cameras, focuser, filter wheel, etc all seem to do fine with it.

Archived