NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Telescopes on Stargazing Live

FLO

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i noticed the 130p supatrak !

that was my first scope and one i wish i hadn`t parted with now, but i had to sell to fund "aperature fever". if anyone new to the hobby and looking for a good quality scope and mount that will track an object, then i would surgest you consider this unit, i bought it for my daughter who at the time was 8 years old and she could use it very well and we had great views of planets and Nebula alike.

highly recommended.

I am so tempted by one of the 130P Heritage's. They look like an ideal scope for having a quick pan of the skies that gives much more than a pair of binoculars can.

Quick question for those in the know: Would it conceivably be possible to put tube rings on this and use it with a camera tripod?

They're superb - I wish I'd never got rid of mine. As much as I love my 200P and Tal 100RS, the 130P was awesome for a grab and go scope.

Anyway, the 130P Heritage OTA has a dovetail on it already (that's how it attaches to the Dob base):

Heritage%20130%20dobbo%202345%208%20sq.jpg

Anyway, the 130P Heritage OTA has a dovetail on it already (that's how it attaches to the Dob base):

Cool, but would it balance being so far back? If not, I'm thinking a dovetail counterweight would probably do the trick by pulling the balance point to the back of the tube... or is that a daft idea?

In the studio hosting the "Back to Earth" after-show a nice orange Celestron SE is parked just left of the flat panel TV. Last night some chap was leaning on it in a bunch of shots. Looks a lot like an 8SE but could be a 6 :D

I think that chap is Andy Greenwood, the chairman of Macc astro society.

There were a couple of familiar faces from Peak star party, noticed Angela one of the marshalls standing behind Brian Cox for the talking bit after the main show.

Cool, but would it balance being so far back? If not, I'm thinking a dovetail counterweight would probably do the trick by pulling the balance point to the back of the tube... or is that a daft idea?

surely it must be fairly well balanced in order to work on the little dob base in the first place? good idea though.

surely it must be fairly well balanced in order to work on the little dob base in the first place? good idea though.

I suspected I was being daft ;-)

What would be cool is if someone built a dob base like this that attached via dovetail so I could stick my SW Explorer 200dps on it for quick grab and go rather than setting up levelling polar aligning, star aligning the heq5 mount I use normally.

I suspected I was being daft ;-)

What would be cool is if someone built a dob base like this that attached via dovetail so I could stick my SW Explorer 200dps on it for quick grab and go rather than setting up levelling polar aligning, star aligning the heq5 mount I use normally.

YES YES YES. I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Archived