new telescopes

Hi all I did I thought put a post here with ref to some telescopes i was considering for my family,BUT I am unable to find it even after some searching so Ill have to be a pain and ask again

I am looking at 3 possible telescopes as a starter for us all to get into astronomy myself wife 5 year and 9 year old sons and have been looking at these and wondering which would suit us most

so:

Sky-Watcher Explorer-130 (EQ2) Newtonian Reflector Telescope:

Skywatcher Skyhawk 1145P

Sky-Watcher Evostar-90 (EQ2) Achromatic Refractor Telescope

or is there something that could be be suitable. really appriciate some help please

I think a lot of the guys would recommend a dobsonian as a starter for youngsters, easier to handle, and you'll get more aperture for your money.

I'm sure the experienced guys will guide you better than me.

I agree. A Dobsonian would be a much better choice. An EQ mount may be a bit tricky for kids.

First Light Optics - Skywatcher Heritage 130p Flextube

First Light Optics - Skywatcher Skyliner 150P Dobsonian

The two 'scopes above would be great for you. It depends on your budget.

HTH

Trouble with the Dodsonian is the 2 boys not be able to look through the EP without a set of steps, even leaving the 9 year old by himself would be a bit iffy cold ice steps ect. With a refractor you get to look at the end closes to the ground...

How tall is the dob 150? I have a 200p and my 10 year old has to bend a little to look in the ep, the whole scope is four foot tall vertical, so it will be about 3.5'-3.75' at the ep.

I think it's the same length but just slimmer :D

Archived