NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

eye piece problem

eriss

Hi.

Is it normal g to have poor viewing when using the Barlow with 25 super lens? I can't seem to see very much when using the two together.

What I am I doing wrong?

Also what lens do I need to use to see nebula?

Cheers

To see nebulae you need to have a nice dark sky to view them against. The wider the aperture of your scope, the more light you will collect and the more you will see. There is no special EP as such, just one that gives the right magnification for the size of the object you are trying to see.

Have you tried to see M42 the Orion Nebula? It was the first nebula I ever saw through a scope.

Sometimes the quality of the EPs that come with the scope leave a lot to be desired. Any defects will be amplifie dby using a barlow. What were you trying to view? What scope have you got?

Andrew

If its a skywatcher barlow its best use is as a paperweight

That is an insult to paper weight :). When I put my paper weight on paper, it stays there, not rolling around like the SW barlow. :D

You need a big scope and a dark site to get a good view of nebulae. If you live in a city, you should get a nebula filter. It does help, but not as much as a dark sky.

Different nebula demand different magnifications, however, always best to start with low power, I find 32mm the best, and then increase only if you need to (dumbell and owl etc). As already said, dark skies only to view nebula, and then nebula filters to enhance, only if you need them, UHC and OIII etc really help, as will a good scope with good light gathering ability.

Archived