Golf Cart Battery As Power Supply

• 9 months later...

A late question to this thread as I am going down the same route. Can you tell me if it is OK to use the same golf battery for both dew heaters and scope control? I am not so keen to get two and lug them to observing sites. Also do I just get the boltdown pole clips with cigar lighter interface or am i having to think about on/off switches and fuses that I see in 'battery box' projects?

Thanks

To minimise possible power problems with the NEQ6 mount, I have one battery dedicated for the mount and another for the cameras etc.

A good cigar connector is all you need. I don't have any switches or fuses. Never had a problem/ issue in the last seven years.....

To minimise possible power problems with the NEQ6 mount, I have one battery dedicated for the mount and another for the cameras etc.

A good cigar connector is all you need. I don't have any switches or fuses. Never had a problem/ issue in the last seven years.....

exactly the same for me. Saves issues with the mount if it has its own supply.

Archived