Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dovetail fitting for TAL 100RS

My new scope came today:hello2:unfortunatly my skywatcher dovetail to fit on my AZ 4 did not :icon_scratch: When I get home from work tomorrow my new dovetail should have arrived:hello2:.... Ok thats enough icons.

Anyone got any photos or advise of how to fit one? I heard a few people had a little difficulty working it out!!

Hi.

Take off the wee saftey screw, then remove the large knurled thumbscrew.

4401591535_a0a4d70245.jpg

Then fit the threaded rod through the dovetail. Finally, screw the thumbscrew back on and if room, fit the securing screw.

4402358208_c6d850bf6a.jpg

Cheers,

Andy.

Lol! I asked the exact same question when my 100RS showed up!

I'm seriously getting the hype about these scopes. I was concerned it being 'less' of a scope than my 200P which is the same focal length but a lot more aperture, but the Tal is holding it's own and then some on targets like the moon.

Congratulations on your purchase!

• 1 year later...

Thanks Andy, I was slightly confused at first.

Thanks again!

Hi.

Take off the wee saftey screw, then remove the large knurled thumbscrew.

4401591535_a0a4d70245.jpg

Then fit the threaded rod through the dovetail. Finally, screw the thumbscrew back on and if room, fit the securing screw.

4402358208_c6d850bf6a.jpg

Cheers,

Andy.

Archived