Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Do I need Eyepieces for Astrophotography?

Hey,

I recently purchased a revalation 1.25" adapter and also a Canon EOS T adapter. I put them in my telescope and couldn't fit an ep in. How does the camera magnify to see things or do I need an eyepiece? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I need to know to start AP.

Thanks,

Midge

How does the camera magnify to see things

The camera doesn't magnify. Since you got an EOS adapter I assume you want to attach an EOS camera body to it. The "magnification" or, more properly, the image, is formed by the telescope which does the job a camera lens would do.

If you want to know what you're aiming at you can use Live View or try the viewfinder. It can be tricky to focus the first few times.

I have a full set of hyperions which are threaded at the top allowing you to connect the eyepieces to the camera before connecting it to the scope (Eyepiece Projection).

I'm only starting out on AP as well but ive decided to try and master the camera by itself first before adding eyepieces.

If you havent already got one i'd make a Bantinov Mask your next purchase

Archived