Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Now I can officially measure how bad the weather is

Catanonia

Hi,

It's a good piece of kit from Maplin.

Mine is installed at the moment only about 3m off the ground and the garden is quite sheltered.

It's recording gusts above 40mph at that level, so what it's like above the I don't know.

If I get the chance I move it to the top of the TV antenna mast and this will give it about 2m clearance above the roof line. The readings should be a bit more stable up there.

It was mentioned earlier in the post about Cumulus.

The unit is supplied with Easyweather software, which is OK but Cumulus is much superior, and its free.

Sandaysoft > Cumulus

As said, it downloads from the sensors as soon as you run it, and can produce some quite good graphs. Even shows how the central heating is performing.

Cheers

Dave

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't even need a weather stone up here in the Peaks...

Can you see the hills?

N - it's raining and windy.

Y - it's windy, and about to rain.

Doesn't include degrees of nastiness, but it does include an element of forecasting...

Well, on the basis of this thread I hot-footed it to Maplins and got one myself. Here it is atop my obs. I'm almost looking forward to bad weather to see what it can do!

post-16549-133877715252_thumb.jpg

It does all sorts of cool stuff, like this temperature chart, and wind speed dial, all set up within an hour and updated every 5 minutes on my website. Everyone here should have one.

temp.png?1326191962349

windgauge.png

Got it. What a brilliant bit of software. One of those fine examples of shareware which you download for free, but to which you feel honour-bound to give a contribution.

Indeed, we (user and tester) have put a lot of work into it, but it really is brilliant and hopefully user friendly.

Have you joined http://www.wunderground.com yet?

Archived