Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mondays Sun in Ha - 2nd Janurary 2012

markt

Very nice Mark. I was observing with my PST on Monday and caught most of those features. Some lovely filaments visible as you have caught very nicely.

They was a very nice V shaped prominence, would have been at the top of your image (PST is inverted). Did you see that too?

Stu

Thanks Kev, I can just see it now. I guess this image is tuned for maximum surface detail rather than prominences?

It's amazing how much detail haas been captured, really wonderful image

Thanks everyone! :)

The image was taken as a 'one shot'. TBH, I can't be bothered to do a seperate set of exposures for disk and proms and then combine them - I don't think 'combined' shots look that natural if i'm being truthful. The proms are pretty faint on this shot - a combination of not wanting to overexpose the active regions and also the low altitude of the sun contributing to poor seeing. Will be easier to get a better 'one shot' when the sun is higher in the sky later in the year...

Archived