Lagoon nebula last night.

ASIGN_Baz

Did this one last night.

10 x 30 second light frames at ISO 1600, 10 x darks removed, stacked and processed in deep sky stacker.

Celestron Nexstar 11, equatorial wedge alignment, Canon 400D, prime focus on a waxing gibbous moonlit night. Also used one of those ambient light filters on the camera adaptor. The resulting shot was a little darker, but way more detailed.

http://www.aussiepeople.com.au/asig...hotography.aspx

Removing the darks seems to have made all the difference.

Conversley, I opend the shutter on the same target and just let the telescope go with it's own tracking for fifteen minutes. (Fell asleep) Have a go at what it did! (Second image) I have no idea how to refine this tracking. I'm thinking when I get the ED80 on top, I will have to guide manually.

Baz.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hi Baz , thats a good one , i had a fiddle seemed like there was some data in there that coud be bought out a bit more , , on a good night with no moon and a few more stacked , it would be a cracker , but even so a nice image Rog

image.jpg

Hi Baz , thats a good one , i had a fiddle seemed like there was some data in there that coud be bought out a bit more , , on a good night with no moon and a few more stacked , it would be a cracker , but even so a nice image Rog

image.jpg

Nice one Rog, thanks for that. I too, had a go at pulling out some more data from the original RAW file. Here it is. I used Corel photo Pro 9. I have no idea what I am doing, but it was fun anyway!

Baz.

image.jpg

Archived