Another go at the Ring

Helen

Late night on Thursday... (enjoying this learning!) Seeing was reasonable but not brilliant by any means

So latest effort on M57: NS8, watec, 0.5 reducer, 60x10 sec subs, registax and a quick tweak and crop in elements.

It looks better than my last attempt - more detail in the ring and I think I can see the central star too. More subs definitely helping

Looking at software to compensate for rotation now so that I can up the number of subs... and to learn more proper processing skills (rather than just the 'play and see what happens' approach)

image.jpg

Comments and suggestions for improvement welcome as always

Helen

I think I can see the central star too.

Helen

Indeed you can, and although its quite a small sized image that you 'posted', if you look closely, you can see the other of the two stars that can be seen through the 'ring'.

That's always an indicator of M57 well captured, so 'top marks' for that one, well done!!.

Dave

Thanks Guys. On the image scale I'm currently a bit limited by the capture method and software, so yesterday I spent more money with Bern ordering a new capture card and software. This should allow me to utilise the full capacity of the camera. Oh, and while I was at it I ordered a toucam as the watec isn't really designed for planets. :police: (large part of the proceeds of the sale of the LX10 gone already!!)

And I've also downloaded the trial versions of Maxim and Imageplus to try my hand at better processing and see how they cope with image rotation... (maybe the rest of the LX10 proceeds about to be spent!)

Helen

Archived