Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

CELESTRON 5 SCT OTA - WITH TELEVUE EVERBRITE DIAGONAL.

I got a new CELESTRON 5 SCT OTA - WITH TELEVUE EVERBRITE DIAGONAL for Xmas and I have never use one I looking for feedback back this equipment and type photos taken with it here a old photo taken by the old owner And which other members have the same scope

Thank you Dunstan

Chestnut / Enfield Telescope Club. http://enfieldtelescopeclub.angelfire.com

post-12827-133877710312_thumb.jpg

Being a distrusting whatsit, how sure are you that the picture was taken with the scope mentioned?

SCT's are usually about f/10, so yours would be 50", FL = 1270mm, tracking would have to be very, very accurate at this FL.

The picture is obviously a satellite so not moving at normal speed and not in the normal direction.

Simply tracking it accurately would be close to impossible to get as sharp an image as seen.

If it was done with the scope described then it was good, even if it was a stacked avi it is sharp.

I looked at that ebay advert and you got it for a good price. But having got a c5 myself I am pretty sure that pic is not genuine. Nevertheless it takes great lunar pics and can make a great telephoto lens for wildlife photography. the optics are lovely and if you put it on a good alt az mount it makes a great portable grab and go instrument. Don't worry you haven't been ripped off it's a very good scope. You paid a fair price for the scope and got the diagonal thrown in as well. As has been said it's not a great imaging scope but it does make a fair lens for daytime use and it's a very portable astroscope.

Hi

Thank you all feedback is good And the photo of the ISS was taken with the celestron 5 ,celestron f6.3 reducer,canon eos 450d(handheld), original raw image converted with canon photo professional,cropped in photoshop elements.

Also the club website is getting update all the time and you welcome to put any think on it like photos and the type scope you have.

Thank u again

Chestnut / Enfield Telescope Club.

http://enfieldtelescopeclub.angelfire.com

Hi

And the photo of the ISS was taken with the celestron 5 ,celestron f6.3 reducer,canon eos 450d(handheld)

I think that the chap who told you that he'd taken this photo with the above gear is being somewhat economic with the truth I'm afraid :p

There is no star trailing, and there should be, even if the camera was rigidly mounted to the scope. As the camera was handheld, there is no way at all that the camera could be held steady enough to produce perfect stars and such crisp detail on the ISS.

Looks more like a screenshot from a planetarium program.

However, you have a fine scope there and should have plenty of enjoyment with it....good luck with your club :icon_salut:

Archived