Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Next eyepieces

ecosse

Hi. I currently have an 8mm BST and im looking at buying a couple more. I was thinking about the 25mm BST to replace my 25 that came with the scope. Now I cant decide which other one to get between the 5, 12, 15 and 18. I'm probably going to end up buying the whole set soon anyway but only going for 2 more at the moment. What do you reckon?

I was thinking possibly the 15 as its kind of a half way point

I would (did) go for the 12mm and the 25mm.

By the way when you have 3 there is NO excuse for not buying the remainder of the set. :):eek:

Actually I think it is compulsary to do so.

But all 6 look good lined up together. :D:evil6::)

Oh yes, I bought them 1 or 2 at a time also. Not expensive and spreads the cost over a few months.

what do you want to look at ?

do I own more than 6 eyepieces...yep do I use em all ? in honesty...no

but as Ronin says...they look nice lined up in my box

if possible...try to find a local observing group...pop along & see what works for you

I will be looking at a bit of everything really. I'm definitely going to get the 25 to raplace the stock 25. For the price of these eyepieces it won't harm to have the full set considering I could have them all for the price of 1 televue ep lol:eek:

I know what you mean though there probably will be 1 or 2 that are hardly used but good to have when the need comes.

I find the complete set very useful, but I do have 4 scopes of different focal lengths and types. So each eyepiece will be used on one scope at some time or another.:D

It means that I can take the case with the set in and no matter which scope I have I will have a selection of eyepieces to use.:)

I would go for the 12 and the 18mm, both great EP's, the 25mm is the runt of the litter in my view, but still OK, I prefer the 32mm plossl at this end of the scale but still have the 25mm in my collection.

I think that is what I might do since I already have a 25mm. The 5mm, 15mm and 25mm can arrive as my final batch at a later date.

Would the 12mm be ok for viewing deep sky? I have tried looking at things like the ring nebula and andromeda galaxy with my 10mm that came with the scope but they seem to get really really faint so I tried my 8mm Bst but still faint. My guess is that the 8 and 10mm is just plain and simply too much mag?

I can imagine that the 15mm and 18mm would be decent for deep sky.

Thanks Darren :D

Thanks for the advice rwilkey :)

I will order the 12 and 18 tomorrow but have to wait untill next week before they will arrive (sky's the limit is closed until the 3rd) :)

I havent had a chance to use my Panaview yet but I can't wait!!

thanks again :D

Hi Just been reading this post, I am also looking at getting the 12mm BST and probably the 18mm. For DSO observation, notice that you mention the 32mm Sky Watcher 2" panaview as being a good ep, would this also be suitable for a 150p Dob, given that the magnification will be slightly less?. Thanks

Archived