Flaming Star and Tadpoles...

ollypenrice

Something to do on Xmas Eve and Xmas day night! 20x5 mins per colour and 27x15 mins Ha. The Tadpoles have come out nicely in Ha but are hard to see in the colour version. For a fullsize of the Ha look here. Widefield images including mosaics and overlays. - ollypenrice's Photos

They are really cute and a trifling 10 lightyears long...

Tak FSQ85 reduced, Atik 4000 mono, iOptron IEQ45 mount in the new observatory.

Season's greetings,

Olly

Edit, both images are looking a bit soft on here. Don't know why cos they usually look tha same as on the host gallery. Sorry about that.

FLAMING-STAR-FIN2sRGB-L.jpg

Standalone Ha, not the version used in the above HaRGB, is here:

FLAMING-STAR-TADPOLES-Ha-L.jpg

Thanks. Star colour is the big issue in HaRGB. I keep going back to re-apply the original RGB star colour at each iteration of Ha. Well, nearly every iteration...

The other challenge was the blue reflection nebula around the flaming star. The Ha tried to nibble it away all the time or turn it a muddy magenta.

Olly

Thanks. Star colour is the big issue in HaRGB. I keep going back to re-apply the original RGB star colour at each iteration of Ha. Well, nearly every iteration...

The other challenge was the blue reflection nebula around the flaming star. The Ha tried to nibble it away all the time or turn it a muddy magenta.

Olly

I had the same problem with the blue...

http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-deep-sky/167685-ic405-colour.html

Archived