NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Bottom's Missing...

So I 'checked' all the bits of my telescope were there when it arrived the other day. But I didn't even think to look at the base of the telescope.

It's a Skywatcher Skyline 250PX Dobsonian, the solid tube version. I have another Skywatcher telescope so I know that on the base it has a metal plate sort of thing that needs to be removed in order to access the collimating screws. This base plate is missing on my telescope, as seen below:

2011-12-25095507.jpg

I ordered from FLO but I assume they're closed today. I'm going to ring up when I can but I presume it'll just be a case of sending out a spare part? The telescope is all set up so the last thing I want to do is send the whole thing back for one part...

It's not missing. That's how its supposed to look. I have the flextube versh and its exactly the same. It allows air to circulate and reduces mirror cooling time.

Don't sweat it, merry Christmas! You'll enjoy that scope...

It's not missing. That's how its supposed to look. I have the flextube versh and its exactly the same. It allows air to circulate and reduces mirror cooling time.

Don't sweat it, merry Christmas! You'll enjoy that scope...

*Hits self several times*

Oh dear. What confused me is that my other 'scope (Skywatcher 130P) does have a plate, and in the manual it mentions removing a plate...

This is very good news though. Saves me a lot of hassle. Thanks for clearing things up - saves an embarrassing conversation on the phone :D

Archived