NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

not so much a HORSE HEAD, as a pig's ear!

cloudbuster

Good morning all, hope your'e all having a nice christmas eve!:D

went up to failand last night, nr bristol, with the promise of some good skies. i got there to find that there was no-one there to hold my hand, and i got out of the car to the sound of squelching, as my foot sank into the cold mud! i couldn't set up my gear next to the dome, because of new obsy building work, so i looked around to find the least muddy spot. i arrived around 10.30, and this would be the first time that i would set up my synguider without any help, and i kept fiddling around with my equinox 66, trying to lock on to, and guide from a star....but the clouds were having none of it. just as i was about to give up, the clouds cleared, and i managed to get around 15 subs of ic434 and flame, although i had to trash 3 of these. I could of carried on getting subs, but for a barn and low battery power. i got back home around 3.30....eager to show someone an image on the camera screen, i woke-up my girlfriend and the 2 puppys! i'm still reasonably new to this imaging lark, and so if doing this again, i would use a coma corrector, as well as take more subs, flats, bias etc....but all in all, i'm reasonably pleased with this effort, which could also do with some improvement on the processing front. please feel free to have a bash processing, or critisize.

failand 24.12.11 2nd attempt at imaging IC434

skywatcher 200pds 8"

Canon 40d

CLS light pollution filter

800 asa

12 subs 5 min 30 sec

7 darks 5 min 30 sec

stacked in DSS

Processed in Pixinsight...badly!

a very merry christmas to you all...u are a lovely bunch!!!!!

cheers

bob

post-16166-133877709264_thumb.jpg

You have plenty of detail in here, the colouring just needs a little tweak. I am only working from your JPEG but here's a quick down and dirty process. I duplicated the data, converted it to greyscale and adjusted levels and sharpness to form a new Luminance channel. I then balanced the colour histogram of the original, increased the saturation and combined the new Luminance with the saturated RGB channels.

Hope you like it.

post-13675-13387770927_thumb.jpg

You have plenty of detail in here, the colouring just needs a little tweak. I am only working from your JPEG but here's a quick down and dirty process. I duplicated the data, converted it to greyscale and adjusted levels and sharpness to form a new Luminance channel. I then balanced the colour histogram of the original, increased the saturation and combined the new Luminance with the saturated RGB channels.

Hope you like it.

Just a quick noob question (hope you don't mind Cloudbuster), but Steve, could you tell me you would create a new luminance channel from a greyscale copy of the original?

well i managed to follow Harry's superb video....thanks very much Harry, but mine seems to of lost sharpness of the original, and also the colours are not as good as Steppenwolf's example! anyway, here it is...anymore tips anyone?

Happy new year to you all!

cheers

Bob

post-16166-133877710891_thumb.jpg

Archived