NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I'd love to think this was genuine ....

John

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd buy it, but there are a few things that make me think... but others that I think make it look more genuine.

One thing you guys have to remember, you were all new to Ebay once. (please note this statement is NOT a guarantee of the sellers honesty!)

I only have a feedback of 4 - does this make me dodgy? answers on a postcard.

Ant

Being a lapsed East Londoner, I've got one thing to say to you sunshine.......*MOCKNEY!!!!!

*I'm not tarring everyone in Essex with the same brush, but when you've got Romford/Chelmsford boys with their gorblimey accents, supporting West Ham and Jamie Oliver, it does make me laugh somewhat.

You south of the river mob, two bob you are. Bleedin' pikeys....

Anyways getting back on topic, if you can't collect you can buy a courier that will collect an item and deliver it to you for £8! They're actually a agent for DHL, I've used them a few times and had no complaints so far...

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/ultra_kwik_express_couriers

Tony.

In magazine classifieds I sometimes have a "poignant moment" at the thought of some LATE astronomer's cherished astro-gear going on the market, in a one-off sale. Only tempered with a wicked thought that someone MIGHT be pleased to see the "going" of either/both. [teasing] :police:

If the bids stay low it might be worth a gamble.. Have you emailed the seller to find out if they'll let you have a look at the scope?

Being a lapsed East Londoner, I've got one thing to say to you sunshine.......*MOCKNEY!!!!!

*I'm not tarring everyone in Essex with the same brush, but when you've got Romford/Chelmsford boys with their gorblimey accents, supporting West Ham and Jamie Oliver, it does make me laugh somewhat.

Well said..

Which part of East London are you from Tony.. one of the naff bits or Canning Town :police:

Scott

Scott, I was born in Forest Gate, grew up in Whitechapel/City and Barking, then around East Ham/Plaistow/Forest Gate until I moved 'up north' to Cambridgeshire.

I see John is the highest bidder so far. If it stays at £28, bargainalicious!!

Tony..

I reckon it won't go for a lot.. I doubt most people (myself included) have ever heard of UNITRON.

Scott, I was born in Forest Gate, grew up in Whitechapel/City and Barking, then around East Ham/Plaistow/Forest Gate until I moved 'up north' to Cambridgeshire.

Tony..

So you've moved around a bit then :police:.. I was born in Forest Gate as well but I've never managed to escape from always lived in Canning Town.

Scott

From long-ago memories of drooling over ads in S&T in the 60s I'd say it's a genuine early American-made Unitron refractor. They used to come in complete very expensive outfits up to 4 inches aperture with masses of ortho eyepieces, turrets and camera accessories thrown in. I believe they're still in business.

I reckon it won't go for a lot.. I doubt most people (myself included) have ever heard of UNITRON.

Tony..

So you've moved around a bit then :police:.. I was born in Forest Gate as well but I've never managed to escape from always lived in Canning Town.

Scott

Aren't they razing most of Canning Town to the ground to make way for 'executive apartments'? Oh Well... What school did you go to Scott? I was a Brampton Manor boy myself..

It's at £30.. Go on John, give this beauty a good home!!

Tony..

Went to Eastleigh mate..

Your right about bit's of Canning Town being redeveloped but it's mainly round the dock's and on that side of the A13, no great loss as it was / is badly run down anyway.

Scott

P.S. John, sorry if your threads been hijacked

Still at £30 John...Ends at 6.21, fingers crossed.

Ah yes, Eastleigh. I used to train there when I was in the Borough basketball team. Not so fond memories of being chased down Star(!) Lane by the natives when they found out most of us were from Brampton...

Archived