NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I'd love to think this was genuine ....

John

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit of a strange one this.. it changed form being a normal type of auction where you can see the bidders to an anonymous one and then the bids shot up.

Still at £30 John...Ends at 6.21, fingers crossed.

Ah yes, Eastleigh. I used to train there when I was in the Borough basketball team. Not so fond memories of being chased down Star(!) Lane by the natives when they found out most of us were from Brampton...

Of course your lot wouldn't have done the same if it was the other way round ehh..

Did you have a basketball team at Brampton? We had all the facilities but never had a team.

Scott

£310.97? Jaysus...That had better be worth the dough!

Scott, as if we would be like that with Eastleigh.. :police:, we was too busy fighting Cumberland to notice you lot. It was the other way around with us, we had a team but no facilities! Basically our Basketball team was also the Borough team plus we trained with the Whitchapel Tigers once a week.

Shill bidding Cloudgazer? :police:

Who knows Gaz.. can't see any legit reason for having an anonymous auction and to change while the auction is running is very strange.

we was too busy fighting Cumberland to notice you lot

Cumberland ehh.. don't know how they found the time after getting done over by us every weekday lunchtime down Rathbone market.

Thought Brampton's most hated were Woodside?

Scott

Woodside, Cumberland, Trinity (before they shut it and most of them came to Brampton :shock:), St. Bons on occasion.... it's all good. Woodside were a funny lot, all coming along the sewer bank mob handed and there's about 50 Brampton boys all tooled up just waiting...ah memories...

Getting married was one thing, then my wife got pregnant and I thought 'I'm not bringing kids up here', she already had her house in St. Neots so it was a bit of a no-brainer really....All of my friends and family have moved out of the area too so there's nothing there for me go even visit. I've been up here for nearly 6 years now and I don't regret it one bit.

I'd say you made a great move..

I don't really have a problem with living here myself (apart from the ruddy light pollution :police:) but with the levels of crime and the state of the schools I wouldn't bring kids up round here either.

Scott

Cheers Scott. The one thing I've noticed since moving is living there has a background level of stress, just everyday living is a bit of a pain. You should really think about planning your escape mate, no-one I know has regretted moving away.

... can't see any legit reason for having an anonymous auction and to change while the auction is running is very strange.

It's one of eBay's recent rule changes. When the bidding on an item reaches £100.00, the bidders are automatically listed as 'Bidder 1', 'Bidder 2' etc. Apparently it is designed to stop losing bidders receiving false 'second chance' offers from the fraudsters after the auction has ended.

Lee.

I never knew that Lee..

I'm not keen on the whole idea of anonymous bidding because I think it's so open to abuse but if it happens automatically then I suppose you can't be too hard on the seller in every case.

Oh come now, I'm sure there's a JCB you can blag somewhere Scott.... :D

JCB 'found' :police::D..

Scott

Archived