Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Goodbye Old Friend!

Damo636

I finally managed to sell my beloved 28mm UWAN last night and as i was packing him up this morning i realised that its the first eyepiece i have owned that i will genuinely miss when he is gone :(. I have sold t6 Naglers and Panoptics this year, yet not one of them made the impression on me that this guy did. In an ideal world (where i am filthy rich) i would have kept him but needed to recoup some of the outlay on the 26mm Nag so it was not to be. I only hope his new owner is as happy with him as i was. Godspeed old friend :)

Hey Jules, yep, feels like i've lost an old friend :)

I went with a Revelation RDF in the end with the frac, same as the William Optics job only half the price. Its a nice neat little package and well built, bit of a tr*#p to align though!

I know what you mean Damo - the big UWAN is quite a "character" in it's own way !.

I'm not surprised it sold quickly, that was a great price you were offering. If I didn't have the Nagler 31mm I'd have been on it like a shot. I compared a Nirvana 28mm (same as the UWAN) to my Nagler 31mm a while back and the performance was oh so close :)

I'm sure the 26mm Nagler will fill the 28mm's shoes well though.

I couldn't believe the lack of interest when i first advertised it last week John. I thought it was a bargain at £200 considering its performance. I had one guy offered £100 if it included delivery :). I don't know if it was the time of the year or maybe a lot of folk don't realise just how good these ep's are but i had to take a bit of a hit on it to get it sold. Ah well, ye can't win em all :(

The 26mm Nagler has a lot to live up to but so far he's doin just fine. I forsee a lifelong friendship :p

.... I had one guy offered £100 if it included delivery :).....

Cheeky so and so - I bet it would have showed up on E.Bay a few days later at £200 :(

There are a couple of traders on there at the moment that are snapping up bargains and adding a healthy margin before re-selling on E.Bay. As a keen browser of the used market you get to recognise certain items :p

I was quite surprise to see the price drop. I thought it was a bargain at £200. If some one offered £100, he probably won't appreciate the eyepiece.

You are right about the time of year. If it was two months ago, I would be a potential buyer willing to pay the full asking price, but I don't have any spare cash left a week before X'mas.

I think if you posted the ad a week or two early when people begin their X'mas shopping, the result could've been very different.

• 3 weeks later...

Sad to see the UWAN go, £200 sounds like a fair price, which is what I bought mine for inclusive of special delivery. I doubt I'd get anywhere near that for it now if I did try to sell it, mainly because when I was having the trouble with the fit in the focuser I managed to scratch the previously immaculate barrel to hell! :o

The rest of the EP is fine, optics are perfect, but the cosmetic damage would lower the value quite substantially. My fault for trying to insert it into the drawtube after sanding it to test the fit :(

I bet that Nagler is a top-notch performer, the background should be slightly darker than the UWAN with its shorter focal length. All at the expense of a slightly narrower AFOV but not a huge loss in scheme of things.

Archived