Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC1805 - Ha, so far...

James

Here's me complaining about a lack of clear nights and here's my third image posted in two hours :roll eyes:

IC1805 this time, imaged a few weeks ago when the really damp weather kicked in. Frustratingly despite having lots of subs this image looks a bit soft to me, I think I'll end up going through the subs and culling the weakest ones... I guess the soggy murky weather didn't help...

Here's 32x 10 minutes subs of Ha captured using a Starlight Xpress H9, through a WO FLT-98 with AFR-IV. As usual I've captured using Nebulosity, guided with PHD and stacked and processed using PixInsight.

Just the OIII and SII to capture now....

james-albums-james-foray-into-dark-side-picture14865-ic1805-ha-wip-32x-10-min-ha-sxv-h9-flt-98-afr-iv.jpg

It's as right as rain.

Thank you Olly - it was imaged through so much moisture that it might as well have been rain :)

I had the crazy idea of starting a great big mosaic covering the Heart and Soul nebula but the distinct lack of clear nights recently has had me shelve the idea for now...

James

Thank you Olly - it was imaged through so much moisture that it might as well have been rain :)

I had the crazy idea of starting a great big mosaic covering the Heart and Soul nebula but the distinct lack of clear nights recently has had me shelve the idea for now...

James

Awe, I wasn't implying that it look rainwashed!!

Sometimes I wish I wasn't obsessed with mosaics and the arrival of a long FL instrument may help convert me back to single frame imaging again. It's a darned sight easier.

You'll get a great result on this with some other wavelengths.

Olly

Hi

Some nice deep data , IMO seems a little flat :)

Have you tried the LHE tool in Pixinsight, It my new fav tool

Harry

Harry that is just mean, you cant have a fovorite tool and no tutorial :(

when do you recommend using the tool? I like what it does, from a very quick tinker, but i think it has a place in the chain of sequence (does that make sence?)

Hi

there will 3 new vids out shortley :)

LHE has to be used on stretched images and I usually use after HDR wavlets:eek:

Some times a HDR wavlet image can look flat and the LHE bring more contrast back to the image:D

The main thing to play with is the radius tool I.e around 150- 200 for large nebula -- 100 - 150 for large galaxy arms and under 100 for smaller galaxys / nebula detail

If it creates to much noise in the background use a lum mask :(

Harry

Hi

Try this

1) radius 200

2) contrast 2.5

3) amount 70 %

:)

Harry

TBH it kind of overcooks my image but the effect is pretty dramatic and in my case probably just needs to be toned down a little :( I foresee a night in front of my computer trying different settings out :p

James do you dither guide? as im a Nebulosity and PHD user im pondering on using it to help with noise.

Yes I do dither guide. As usual in this hobby my fixing one problem (flexure) gave me another; bad pixels, which had previously been processed out when stacking as they moved with the flexure if you see what I mean. Dithering has helped deal with that (although not as much as using a Bad Pixel Map created in Nebulosity). It has helped with noise a little I think but I haven't found the difference to be much. Next session I'll do some subs with dithering on and some with it off and see how things turn out.

James

Archived