Saturdays Full Disk & Eruptive Prom

markt

My observation window has narrowed to just half an hour now as we approach the winter solstice, however a heavily frosted morning with cloud free blue skies was crying out to me to capture the moment. I started off with a quick visual to get a flavour of what was happening on our star today and then rapidly dived into some imaging to record what I could. Despite the poor seeing through the eyepeice i'm glad to see that avistack and other software have managed to extract all the best bits from my avis.

First off the full disk: taken with the DS40 @ f20 with DMk31, 6 pane mosaic in IMerge.

6525782073_23cbef374b_b.jpg

full disk by Mark Townley, on Flickr

It was only after I had shot the avis for this and I returned to some visual to end my session that I saw the prom at 8 o'clock position was lifting off. Sadly by this time the sun was back amongst the trees and was too late for another image. However I have revisited the relevant pane and with quite a bit of stretching have managed to pull out this rapidly expanding prom as well as I can. This is presented with an inverted disk just for a bit of variety!

6525788423_87da36c613_b.jpgeruptive prom by Mark Townley, on Flickr"]

6525788423_87da36c613_b.jpg

eruptive prom by Mark Townley, on Flickr

Hope you like it and is sunny where you are!

Mark :icon_salut:

Archived