Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Preston area meetup?

Rattler

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They dont meet at the observatory any more, the university wsnted extortionate fees from what I remember. I'm not sure where they meet now as different sites say different locations. May be worth emailing the website contact. Let me know if you find anything out, if your mate is from leyland we could car share.

Stu

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
I went to this last year and it was at a church hall down that road that takes you to blackpool if you follow it far enough (im rubbish with road names sorry!)

If you are talking about Blackpool Road, Preston which continues on towards Blackpool becoming the A583 that makes sense but I don't know where the church hall is.

I went to the meeting this month. The easiest way to locate the hall is to come from watery lane up tulketh rd, follow it round the bend and its on the right just before you reach blackpool rd.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

PADAS would be ideal for me (Hoghton) apart from the fact that they don't actually do any field astronomy. When I last went no one was interested in meeting up, so I have not been back since.

Perhaps it has changed now though?

That's a shame.

Being a newbie I would love to meet up in a nice dark place and get to try out others scopes as well as bringing my own.

Is the Astronomy Centre too far away for you Guys and Gals?. We meet every Saturday night and have several telescopes in use (2x 16" SCT's, 8.8" refractor, various Dobs and some great solar Ha scopes if you can get over in the afternoon. :D

Archived