Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Deep Impact ready for the smacking.

OXO

There has been reports of outburst's from the Comet Temple 1 and are thought to be water particle's escaping from the comet. These vapourise very quickly and shouldnt hamper the mission....

James :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, looking forward to this... signed up to have my name placed on the space craft's CD around 2 years ago!!!.

I did the same for the 2 rovers on Mars.... just think Mine + the rest of my familys name (less the new addition) are roaming Mars!!

Cool

Dunno whether you saw the programme James, but as I posted on The Sky at Night thread, there's a possibility that the comet may brighten to naked eye visibility several hours after impact. They were speculating whether it would be visible in UK skies tomorrow night. Look for another 'star' near to & just above Spica in Virgo.

9849comet3.jpg Just added to the pic wasnt happy with the back end lol.

I watched the sky at night andy excellent as always i will be looking out for that skies permiting. Wouldnt it be great if it did brighten over time and let us get a piece of the action. Image the images obtained :shock:

James

Thanks again andy :).........

Venus brighter than the earth from mars now there's a thought :!: Moonshined earth may win then again venus's cloud's it's a hard one andy i will after work that out tommorow my little grey cell's are going to sleep:) too much photoshop!

Don't forget that although Earth would be nearer to Mars than Venus when all on the same side of the sun, it would be further away than Venus when Venus/Earth were on the far side of the sun to Mars. Earth's clouds arn't as reflective so I think Venus would still win hands down.............but I digress!

Interesting programme just finished on BBC1. Looks like the mission went better than expected. I would have liked to have seen more of the programme devoted to the actual impact itself - but there you go! Looks like JPL will have plenty of data to analyse over the next few months.

Yes a successive mission by all accounts!...

There's an update on BBC 2 at 8.00pm Tonight.

Some amazing views of temple 1 from what i have seen. Look's like a chunk of our moon to me..

Archived