Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

lidl bins (bresser 10x50's)

Hi all, like a load of folk on here, I own the trusty bins. I have now noticed I'm getting a double image with them (nothing to do with xmas merriment) :icon_salut: - really annoying as they are great wee bins and now virtually useless.

ANY IDEAS???

David

TBH I have yet to run into a pair of binos that aren't collimatable. Not saying I'm 100% sure about the 10x50 Bresser as I haven't had a chance to try them. But some binoculars have collimation screws in places that aren't readily obvious. My TS waterproof binos have them under the rubber skin which you need to first lift off with a screwdriver. But I didn't bother collimating (received them out of collimation) as they were under warranty - had them replaced and the new pair is great. I'm guessing that's not an option for you, so it's either down to you finding collimation screws and fiddling for yourself, or finding someone with an optical bench to do it for you. One thing though, binos aren't supposed to lose collimation easily, so if it happens again soon after getting them sorted something's probably wrong with your pair. Part of a shipment that was in a dropped container or something like that :icon_salut:

The Bressers from Lidl's are indeed collimatable, you just have to locate the screws under the rubberised covers. From memory, when I did mine, there's one just above the level of the centre pivot, and one about 90 degrees around the body... you just lift the edge of the rubber cover with a small screw driver. Best to mount them on a tripod or something. Also, I'd suggest looking up a guide online for how to collimate them. it only takes a couple of minutes. I've done 3 pairs now.

Archived